I’d like to invite you to join me for three blessings to be held around the Summer Solstice. Absolutely everyone is welcome—whether you’re a reader of the blog, an old student, a past co-worker, a friend, a relative, a fellow member of my teacher’s community—all are welcome!
A blessing is a transmission of energy to make your spiritual path easier. Please join if you feel pulled to do so.
Blessing of the Wind – 20 mins
Saturday, June 12, 9 a.m. Pacific Time
Gently whisks away impediments on your spiritual path.
Blessing of the Sun – 30 mins
Saturday, June 19, 9 a.m. Pacific Time
Helps you see what is spiritually correct for you.
Blessing of the Heart – 50 mins
Saturday, June 26, 9 a.m. Pacific Time
Connects you with the deepest love of the Universe.
All sessions start at 9 a.m. Pacific Time. (You can find a timezone converter here.)
To join click: https://us05web.zoom.us/j/88142104071.
(The same link is used for all three events.)
What to Expect
- Your participation is anonymous. Video and chat will be turned off, and you won’t be able to see other participant names in the session.
- When you join, a registration screen will pop up. I’m NOT collecting emails so just type in a dummy screen name and a fake email. firstname.lastname@example.org works just fine.
- We’ll start about 5 minutes after the hour so folks have a few minutes to settle in. I’ll play some music during the blessing. The music feed is high quality, however if your internet connection is slow and the music sounds wonky, you can disconnect from the audio or turn your volume down. The music is not required for the transmission of the blessing.
- During the blessing sit relaxed, with your spine straight, and your hands in your lap. Close your eyes and lightly meditate using whichever technique you prefer. I think sitting and smiling is a great way to go, but do whatever works best for you!
- If you feel uncomfortable or bored, it’s fine to leave at anytime!
- When the music ends, we’ll bow and offer our gratitude to the Universe.
How to Prepare
- Install Zoom ahead of time / ensure you have the latest version installed.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing that’s good for sitting/meditation.
- Ensure you’re someplace where you won’t be disturbed.
- Clarify your intent. Think about what you really want in your spiritual practice, write it down, and place it in front of you during the blessing.
- Extra credit – read the foreword of the Dhammapada.
Excited to see you there!